Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Just Muddling Through Till Friday

To say that work is slow right now is like saying Madonna likes to work out.
It's as obvious as the sinewy muscles that are slowly taking over her body and converting her to Mum-ra with a good singing voice. Scratch that- with a voice that sings.But to prove to you just how slow work is ("How slow is it?" I don't know- I'm just saying it's slow. Man, could you just pay attention for like 3 minutes to something I say? It's like talking to a 2 yr old)

Anyways, to prove how slow it is, I'd like for you to read an email that I received from my co-worker on a day when I was working from home. This is all we have people- nothing else can get us through the day.

On Tue, 10/21/08, Aaron wrote:
From: Aaron

Subject: Tuesday without you

To: "Cupcake"
Monday
6:30PM : Made a turn in the locker room and BAMN! 40 year old naked man, almost lost my lunch.

6:35PM Saw Laura, said she sat outside and read a book all day and was bored. Sounds pretty awesome to me. Said to call her if we are going to lunch this week. Guess not, since neither of us are here on payday this week.

7:something PM Went to get changed, 60yr old naked man as soon as i turn the corner, I almost bought the farm at the sight of that

TUESDAY
8:30am read a blog review of the new Viggo Mortinsen movie! It's same author as No Country For Old Men and it looks crazy/Mad Max/Post-Apocalypse world and people eat people for food.


9:13 Nail clipping in the Bullpen.

Hmm...if I had a new baby,(not an old baby or used baby) I'd say to it "now that you are here, time to bone up on your Norse mythology".

9:34 Non came by and asked 'Where's your partner, is the baby sick?'
'Naw, sara's not sick' ZING! I actually said "Sara is working from home, her brother just had a baby." Then she told me to bring something back from Japan for her and she'll give me money, $20.

Seriously, writing this email is all that is keeping me going today.

Time to watch Flight of the Conchords.Scratch that.
10:00 Working on my OCD by fixing my board.
10:20 You called to make sure I was at my desk working. Sir, Yes, Sir.
10:21 Still working on my OCD board
10:39 Finished my OCD physical Excel sheet.
11:30 Saw the episode with 'Leggy Blonde' with hair down to her legs and legs down to the floor.
12:05 Still watching it and eating lunch.
1:00 Got me some milk and a lemonaide. (actually limeaide)
1:18 Sent text message
1:20 Sent text message
1:48 Some nerd is in the cube next to Nick. Now, allow me to justify that comment. He has two lava lamps in his cube. I'll check later to see if he has; a beanbag chair, a 311/Scarface/Dave Matthews Band poster, a frat t-shirt from Greek Week/Pledge Week, and empty liquor bottles lined up on his cube wall.

2:02 Got 3 episodes of Flight of the Conchords left, he wanted to dress like Prince but 'not normal Prince but like how Prince would dress if he is going to the Zoo or shopping'

3:20 Someone was helping Dirty Snoop with his computer problems, it sounded like Jindy but I can't verify that. I do know that her msn was set to away, but I thought she is still teaching. Interesting...

3:21 Decided to watch Gladiator to kill time faster.
Isn't the black guy in Blood Diamonds too?
'Strength and Honor'
Enough Gladiator quotes for you? How 'bout some more

3:40 Wait so Maximus has a thing with that other woman in the past before the movie?
'You sold me queer giraffes'

4:08 Writing on my board, Mary-beth walks over and says BOO!, Scared the poop out of me! Seriously!

'Rome's the mob' That is the truest line out of all Gladiator and describes Rome the best. I want a film thatmakes Rome like it really looked like, overcrowded, dirty and full of evil.

4:40 Can you imagine going to the collusium? Watching people die or Christians fed to lions? OMG that's crazy.

4:50 You know they used to flood it and re-inact boat battles? That'd be cool to see, minus the killing

4:52 Vin Diesel is making a movie about Hannibal, they maybe good or at least it'll be nice to see another film in this time period

5:01 My Name is Maximus Desimus Meridius, you're the man that killed my wife and son...prepare to die!

Thumbs up actually means death in Roman times not life, thumbs down was life/freedom.

Ciao, Bu-chan

So in closing: Is it Friday yet?

No comments: