Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I'll Be Here in the Catskills All Weekend Ladies And Gentlemen-Don't Forget To Tip Your Waiter

Conversation on the way to Wal-mart yesterday to get groceries:
Kalaya: Look mama! Store! Let's go to the store and get milk!
Me: Ok baby, that's exactly where we were going.
Kalaya: Yee-haw!
Me: (laughing) That's right baby! Yee-haw cowgirl!
Kalaya: Yee-haw cowmama!

Conversation this morning, while I'm still in bed and she's kicking the wall between mine and her room through her crib to wake me up:
Kalaya: Maaaaaammmaaaa! Mama! Come get your baby. Your baby is sleeping. Mama! Maaaammmaaa Saaarrrraa. Sara. Come get your baby. You remember where she is? I'm right here Mama.
Me: I'm coming Kalaya.
Kalaya: Right now?
Me: Yes baby I'm coming.
Kalaya: Remember where I'm at? I'm where you left me last night.
Me: I didn't just leave you there silly.
Kalaya: Are you sure?
Me:I'm pretty sure baby. I wouldn't leave you anywhere.
Kalaya: (paused to think) Well... I'm still here.

Conversation at Nana's the other weekend:
Me: (sitting at the dinner table trying to eat) Excuse me-- I've got the hiccups.
Kalaya: You've got the pickups?

1 comment:

Hollie said...

How cute is she! And how smart!