Monday, November 10, 2008

Green Thumb

I'm about to go home and cut my grass for, hopefully, the last time this year. I really enjoyed working in our yard this year and, if I say so myself, Kalaya and I did a pretty good job with our garden. We grew sunflowers, hibiscus, pumpkins, tomatoes, salvia, day lilies, roses, zinnia, marigolds, sweet williams, elephant ears, hostia, amarillis, begonias, lambs ear, spider lilies, black dahlia, strawberries, and an assortment of other wildflowers. In honor of a summer gone by, I thought I'd post some pictures of our accomplishments. Enjoy!
The garden- salvia, marigolds, wildflowers, sweet williams, hibiscus, sunflowers, and pumpkins:

Behind the house-Sunflowers (got up to 11 feet tall):
Black Dahlia:
Spider llies:
Pumpkins- we had about 7 this year:Amarillis, begonias, hostia, and others:
Begonias:Rose bush:Amarillis: Sunflowers:Sunflowers:


God's works are beautiful aren't they?!

No comments: