Thursday, November 13, 2008

Happy Thanksgiv-----Oh Who Cares?---- MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Ok I couldn't help myself. I tried. Really I did. I even thought about asking for an intervention. But I just couldn't do it anymore. It called for me. I couldn't wait any longer to start decorating my lil world with Christmas decorations. I blame the radio station I listen to everyday at work--- so aptly named White Christmas Radio.
Darn you Rudolph and all your cheery claymation friends. Darn you Perry Como and Dean Martin. Don't you know that a person just might want to celebrate pilgrims and corn just for once and not listen to your sultry and soothing music that tends to make me all warm and fuzzy inside and induce hallucenations of wee lil elves and snowmen coming to my house to wrap all my presents using only two pieces of tape. And then 8 tiny reindeer come bearing gifts of yard tools and start cleaning my yard up with the utmost precision all while I nestle warm and cuddly in my blanket that was hand-woven by Mrs. Claus herself out of snowflakes and poinsettas as she bakes me cookies by the roaring fire. And....woah wait...( shakes head)...where was I?
Oh yeah.
And as for you B98.5 and the ABC Family channel--- how dare you enable me before my pumpkins have even rotted or my child has ingested 67grams of straight sugar from her Halloween candy with your holiday songs and 25 Days of Christmas movie marathon.
Each year I try really hard to contain myself starting around November 1st. I recognize that Thanksgiving is a holiday too but lets be honest... it's like the red headed stepchild of the holiday season. ( No offense Lissa- I think redhots are spicy hot) But it usually gets bypassed on the holiday highway of life.
Thanksgiving is like that scary exit on the interstate that you don't want to stop at because your mother warned you what happens at 'those' reststops and you've recently watched too many episodes of Unsolved Mysteries lately.
I usually can make it till at least Thanksgiving weekend before I start decorating but this year I'm getting jumpier then a frog on a june bug.
So in closing- Eat It Thanksgiving!
Your hotter cousin Christmas is coming to town and he knows how to show a girl a good time. They'll be stockings hung by the chimney with care and lights on the tree before you can say "Plymouth rock who? Buckle shoes what? Bring on the eggnog playa and let's get the tinsel out of your hair! We've got some decorating to do!"

No comments: