Thursday, November 6, 2008

Giving It The Old College Try

Well, it's on! This week is potty training week for Kalaya. We started a few months ago and things went sort of ok for a week or two but quickly went backwards from there. Her babysitter had two new babies for awhile and I think Kalaya felt a little sad about not being the baby anymore. So using the big-girl potty just stopped. After trying everything you can think of to convience her to use the potty- we decided it was just time to take a step back and give her a break.
Flash forward a month or two and here we are! Trying to get it down pat again. She's a smart girl. She knows what the potty is for. She's not scared of it. Matter of fact, it's a quite interesting event for her when someone goes potty. She knows that big girls go in there and she even will let you know that she went potty---immediately after she went in her pull-up or panties. (slight delayed reaction there it would seem- I blame the curls-- blocking brain waves). Even Diesel and Minnie get in on the act (which ends waaaaaay worse for Diesel then Minnie. Can you say puppy swirly?)

Matter of fact, the other day Kalaya and I pulled in the driveway after getting off work and from school and like everyday when we get home, she has to go to "her" tree in our yard that is located near the driveway. When I say her tree- I mean she has an insane obsession with this tree. I'm not sure if I need to get her more friends or less sugar. Anyways, she immediately went over to her tree while I walked around in the yard checking our flowers and doing some weeding. We were probably out there for abut 10 minutes or so when Kalaya starts running towards me with this wide-eyed look, calling out "mommy! mommy!". She got about halfway to me and yelled " I have to go po-------" but stopped in mid run and sentence-looked down at her pants and informed me "It's ok- I don't have to go potty anymore". Needless to say, her potty timing is clicking along more like a New York street Folex then a Bulgari timepiece.

We'll get it eventually. If she goes to the potty this week we are going to go get balloons. That's what she picked. I can't wait. If she goes to the potty for a week I'm going to take her to ride a pony. She loves riding anything- this can include:

1.) Ponies

2.) Baby Justice - I was informed of this in the car one evening. The conversation goes as so:

Kalaya: I'm big.

Me: Yes you are. And Justice is small.

Kalaya: I'm going to ride him.
Me: I think we'll have to ask Bubba and Lolly about that.

3.) fourwheelers/motorcycles- another one of her obsessions:

4.)cows or anything else that will stand still long enough for her to get on it:

Wish us luck! We'll need it!

No comments: