Monday, February 15, 2010

My Valentine's!

Yes, this is me taking pictures from bed while Kalaya opens her presents for Valentine's Day. I never said I wasn't lazy sometimes. I actually put the presents in the hall so when she got up in the morning she'd run right into them.
She didn't.
I can now hypothesize that when she comes into my room at the crack of dawn every morning-- she's not really awake. It's just delayed sleepwalking.
Part of her present was crafty stuff to make Valentine's with. She's been talking about making some for weeks. Although, poor baby, she's been trying to convience me to save sticks, rocks, and grass she's picked up from outside to make " the bestest Valentines ever!".
We were laying in bed looking at her gifts when she informed me she needed to call Grana right then and tell her to come see her.
She called mom and said " Come see me Grana! For Valentine's day!"
Of course, my mom is a huge (correction: GIGANTIC) push over for Kalaya. But she was worried that the roads might not be safe yet and told Kalaya she may not be able to come.
To which Kalaya replied " You mean you don't want to come and see your baby, Grana?"
Point, Set, Match.... to Kalaya.
Grana was there in record time.
Before Grana got there we had to IMMEDIATELY go to the kitchen to start making valentines.
We were able to create 4 or 5 valentine's all before Grana got there.
And who says we can't still create some more with help!

No comments: