Monday, January 19, 2009

What´s Mine Is Yours

Story 1:
Kalaya was running through the house pretending she was a bird the other day (which in my book is waaaay easier on the ears then pretending she's a dinosaur). She was running around and flapping her 'wings' when she tripped and fell to the floor. I said " Uh-oh....crash and burn!" She just laughed and got up, running around again.
About 2 minutes later I heard her fall down in the living room again and heard her exclaim
"Uh oh! I crashed my burn!"
Story 2:
Kalaya let me know that she had to go pee-pee yesterday. So I took her in the bathroom and, to show her that peeing is great fun, I said " Ok Kalaya- I'm going to go pee pee too- like a big girl!".
So she and I sat down on our respective potties when Kalaya suddenly asked "Let me see". Obviously, I was not going to let her see but I was trying to think of a good response since she is 2 and doesn't know any better.
So I said " No baby, we don´t show our privates to anyone. You just go ahead and pee-pee and so will I. And when we are finished we can go play".
(As you can see I was trying to throw a bribe in there to get her off of this highly uncomfortable subject)
To which she responded most philosophically....
¨Mama, we are SUPPOSED to share! You´re supposed to share your privates¨.¨and then gave me an all knowing look.
Sometimes.....alot of times, you just don´t know how to respond to these things. Sigh.

No comments: