Thursday, January 15, 2009

There Be Doubloons In Them There Treasure Chests!

Kalaya woke up this morning at 6am (sigh) and walked into my room. I pulled her into bed with me and told her to lay down. She did lay down ever so quietly beside me and didn't say anything for a minute or two. After a bit, she slowly rolled over, grabbed my face between her two little hands and gently started shaking my head. I was trying to figure out what in the world she was doing until she spoke.
" Do you have any gold in your head?"
She was simply staking out any claims she may need to make in the forthcoming days on the gold mine which is my head.
I told her that " No I do not have any gold in my head". She was quiet for a moment- you could tell her mind was vibrating with new ideas since her plans for searching for gold were now on hold.
She then said, " Let's watch cartoons!". And again, I informed her, " No, it's not time to get up yet."

To which she responded-
"Are you kidding me!!?"
Ah- you've got to love the innocent(???) sass of a 2yr old!

(Are these the faces of a girl who's willing to give up her gold that easily? I think not!)

No comments: