Friday, January 23, 2009

And Remember--- You Must Never Feed It After Midnight!

Is there something awry when your own child can creep you out during a seemingly innocent car ride?
This morning- it would seem that Kalaya took the opportunity to channel her inner mogwai...(yes that mogwai- that's the exact one I'm talking about)
...and pull a Gremlin-esque moment out of thin air.

This is the conversation that occured-
Kalaya: Mama. Mama (waiting until I turned around to look at her)
Me: What baby? (turning around)
Kalaya:I'm growing.
Me: I know baby! You're getting to be a big girl now! (turning back to look at the front)
Kalaya: No mama. Look. (and as this point I swear the child spoke as quietly as possible and didn't blink her eyes for the rest of the conversation)
Me: (turning around again) What baby?
Kalaya: I grow when it gets dark. (whispering and still staring)
Me: Huh?
Kalaya: I grow when it gets dark. (eyes still as wide open as Bernie Mac's)
Me: (laughing nervously) What do you mean baby?
Kalaya: When it's dark I grow. Lots. You'll see. (voice still as quiet and serious as possible)
Me: (honestly creeped out a little bit) Hey! Why don't we sing Baa Baa Black Sheep! Ready? Baa Baa Black Sheep have you any wool.........


Coincedence? You tell me!

(no seriously-- tell me. I'm a little nervous about going home tonight)

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Umm... yeah... I think I'd have to lock my bedroom door at night! lol SCARY!