Wednesday, January 27, 2010

So--- You Come Here Often?

Kalaya cracks me up doing our hair. As you've seen before-- it's a favorite pasttime of hers.

I got her a salon kit the other day as a reward and she is loving it. It came with the cape, scissors, curlers, hairdryer, etc.

The funniest part about all this is that she talks to you like she's a 35 yr old lady with 5 cats, all named after Little Debbie snack cakes, and a penchant for fanny packs and sunvisors.

She usually starts out with " So--- what's your name?" and if you don't give her name that is equal to her alter ego's-- she'll shoot it down until you come up with a perfect " gettin my hair done" name. (Who really knows what the criteria is for such a thing? Not me. I just go for the most outrageous name I can come up with. It's worked so far)

She then goes into " well--- how was your day today" followed by " oh really, I didn't know you did that!"

It's like she's pulling a Whoopie from the movie Ghost and is channelling someone else.

Highly entertaining to say the least.

No comments: