Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Sally the Camel Has 2 Humps......and a Porsche

The circus came to Ft.Payne this past weekend. And no, I don't mean Barnum and Bailey. They don't do 'country'.
We went to the Lewis and Clark Traveling Tent circus. It was small (granted) but pretty cute over all and well worth the price. (Kalaya was free and mine was only $10) Of course that $10 has to go to the feeding, health insurance, pay, training, and costumes of all the actors and talents. So that's a pretty good deal- right?
Now, who is making out like Donald Trump in this whole shebang you ask? That sir, would be the camel.
At $5 a pop, this camel better be sleeping on a Sealy Posturpedic and eating truffles from a Faberge egg. Of course it was worth it to see Kalaya enjoying herself.
(Please note the lady working there telling about being short. This was soon followed up by a summary of all of her children, where they are, how long it's been since she seen them, and all of their personal issues. I think I have "TALK TO ME" written on my face. {I get this from my Aunt Sandy I think}But you know, I enjoy it because I feel like maybe I can let whoever is talking to me know that someone cares.)
'Nita came with us- we love our aunt Danita!
We also had a little craft time this weekend.
If you are reading this and you are family- you can count on the fact that one of these lovely gifts are heading your way.
And what does a day at the circus, a Dr.Pepper, cotton candy, a SnoCone, and peanuts equal at the end of the day?

Slight pandamonium.

No comments: