Wednesday, June 23, 2010

2010 Projects

My goal this year is to get into some more hands on projects. Currently I'm sewing Kalaya and nice, new, big picnic blanket but that will take awhile. (and probably even more then that since I haven't picked it up in a few weeks)

But in the mean time, I've been redoing a rocking chair that was Nana and Grandaddy's.

Why you ask?

Oh a whim - I reply.

Just thought it looked like it needed redoing. It's over 30yrs old.

If it was an Orange County resident, it would have already had 2 boob jobs and multiple Botox injections.

So here are the final results!

Pretty good- if I say so myself (and I do).
Especially when it started like this:
Nah- just kidding. I forgot to get a 'before' picture but it was a dark brown stain and had 30+yrs of booties sitting on it. Just use your imagination.
Next project: redoing the mini rocking chair that Jeff and I had as kids.

No comments: