Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Old Friends, New Blessings

What a wonderful thing long lasting friendships are! God definitely knew what he was doing when he put myself and my three best friends from highschool together. He must have also had a sense of humor. Who would have imagined the self proclaimed clumsy band nerd, the sports star, the new kid in town, and the music ministers daughter would all end up in a friendship that lasts a lifetime?
And now, almost 14yrs later, we're still together. Yes, miles seperate us now. And yes, our families and jobs make it difficult for us to see each other as we like. But when we do get a chance, it's like no time has ever passed.
I miss my girls.
I often think about what an enormous blessing the Lord has given me. I have had good Christian women as my support and my greatest source of laughter for years now. I couldn't ask for more than that.

Sure we look grown up with all our gorgeous kids. We're supposed to:) Doesn't mean we don't know how to still act like kids ourselves and that's the joy in it.
I am so proud of the women and mothers Hollie, Lauren, and Blakley have become. I look to them as role models and comfort. I thank God for them.

No comments: