Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I Found Nemo- He Has An Attitude

We went to the aquarium this weekend. It was mine and Kalaya's first time there. We were so excited. All week she had been telling me "Are we going to go see the fishies? I want a pink one" (of course pink) So when Saturday got here we were pumped. You can see she started out on a good note and was having a blast:And most of this was just in the stroller ride from the parking deck to the entrance! She was laughing and giggling the whole way!
But.....
why then--- do the next pictures only contain fish?
Where did the sweet adorable lil girl go? What happened- you ask?!
This happened:
This seemingly innocent little 4 foot alligator ruined a perfectly good outing. I had no clue Kalaya had issues with alligators (especially since they don't often have a chance to run up on her where we live and seriously hurt her feelings or cause such deep hatred) But let me tell you! We got to that alligator and by simply sitting there- looking at us- he crossed the line!
She had an ABSOLUTE MELTDOWN!
Through the tears, snot, and tantrums(that was just from me) I was able to determine that the alligator 'bit her through the glass and pulled her shirt'.
sigh.
The day basically ended with me making a few decisions.
1.) No more outings till we get a little older (I'm thinking 18 is nice)
2.) If said outings do take place- there will be no less then 6 adults available to help (since 5 adults couldn't manage it this time)
3.) I need a new alligator belt ASAP!

No comments: